This is my blog about my life, and hence with only moderate fangirl mode. I've a secondary blog about BigBang, with my full potential of fangirling unleashed. Check it out. :)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I'm a hypocrite!

Well, the title says it all. I. AM. A. HYPOCRITE.

Lol, I've always despised how people put weight on beauty so much. I've even learnt in my Business Economics last semester that one of the reasons causing a wage differential is BEAUTY. Beautiful people gets better jobs and higher pay. There's even prove you know, in the form of percentage and numbers. If I remember correctly, it states in my text book that people who are above-average looking earn 5% more than average lookers and average looker earn 10% more than people who look less than average.

Well well, that's so "beauty racist"!!! Ok ok... a more appropriate word would be beauty discrimination. I bet no one except beautiful people likes this type of discrimination. I mean, what the hell? People out there, employers out there, so you're sure you're gonna hire only beautiful people or people who look good? You're sure? Think twice, Sires and Madames, think twice!

Anyways, today's topic is about hypocrites, not about beauty discrimination. What made me call myself a hypocrite? Well, because despite how I loathe people who discriminate by beauty, I sometimes do so too. XD Well, honestly you can't help it sometimes. *shrug innocently*

I'll give one example. Say, there are 2 people. Both are very talented and smart. But one of them is gorgeous-looking but the other one being just normal. Who would you like? Who would be more noticeable? You'd be deceiving if your answer's not the one who's better looking. Either you're deceiving, or you've a rather unique kind of thought.

So that's just how life is, ain't it? Having lived on this beautiful planet for nearly 2o years, I've learnt to accept the fact that life is truly not something you can manipulate completely. People change and different people has different kinds of mindsets.

Okay, I'm god damn sleepy now. In fact, I'm so groggy I'm not really sure what I'm typing. Hhmm... I hope I won't wake up tomorrow finding funny stuffs written on this post due to my sleepiness.

Good night.


Carmen (2:24pm, 06 March 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment